Σάββατο 28 Μαρτίου 2009

GEORGE THOROGOOD - Ride 'Til I Die 2003






















GEORGE THOROGOOD \ RIDE 'TIL I DIE 2003.

Buzzing slide guitar and solid American blues rock are still the order of the day. The album is the usual mix of covers (Thorogood adds only one original, the forgettable "Sweet Little Lady") played with a barroom friendly wink and smile. Songs like Eddie Shaw's "Greedy Man, " J.J. Cale's "Devil in Disguise, " Nick Lowe's "That's It, I Quit" and Chuck Berry's "Move It" are perfect for . Best of all is his cover of Eddie Cochran's strutting "My Way" which Thorogood delivers with a punch. The last track, a cover of John Lee Hooker's "Ride Till I Die," is a nice addition to the record. Recorded at a soundcheck before a show in Texas in early 2002, it shows that while Thorogood's strength will always be good time blooze 'n' boogie, he can do a credible job on acoustic blues too.
Very good album.
Link:RTID

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου